An Instagram account usually requires access to the account information, including the password, in order to be deleted or deactivated. Only the account owner will be able to make modifications to the account because of Instagram security safeguards feature. Read on to know the detailed steps of deleting your Instagram account temporarily.
Steps to Temporarily Delete Instagram Account
- Go to instagram.com in your web browser to access Instagram.
2. Use your username and password to log into your Instagram account.
3. Once logged in, go to your profile by clicking the icon for it in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Now click on the Edit Profit button.
5. Scroll down and choose “Temporarily deactivate my account” button that is on the bottom right corner of the page.
6. Now choose a reason for cancelling your account from the drop-down menu. and enter your login password again. After you’ve picked a reason from the menu and entered your password, the option to deactivate your account will appear.
7. To temporarily deactivate your account, click. To confirm or cancel, click Yes or No.
Your account will be deleted for a limited time, and your profile, images, comments, and likes will be hidden. You can reactivate your account at any time by logging in again.